Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Glower..er

Like drawing but without the paper...and the pencil...and the drawing part. I don't play with clay much, but when my husband emailed a picture from work, I just felt a deep need to do something with his profile. So this is my very modest effort at relief sculpture, in Fimo. It's still a work in progress, but it's fun. With the Fimo, I figure I can just bake it when I get tired of trying to finesse his likeness from the soft clay and come back with carving tools and sand paper for the finish. Or rebake new layers of Fimo on top. In any case, I'm learning a lot about how to make shadows work to your advantage. Now, if I could make it so that my husband didn't have laser beams shooting from his eyeballs, I'd be a happy camper.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Very nice work!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home