Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dee-Diddley-Done

Aaaaannnnddd, I...

So...the wrap-up. Two and half skeins and an excellent use of some hard to place fabric I've had around for awhile. The one downside to having to put a lining in a knitted bag, besides actually having to sit still and sew, is that the maximum capacity of the knitted capsule suddenly deceases to the maximum capacity of what the sewn lining will hold. I swear, I probably could've shoved and entire comforter into this granny sack before sewing the lining into it. While I can still pack a whole lotta' project love in there, I was a little sad to see the potential for mass storage go by the wayside.

...will always loooove...

No matter the moot point, I love this bag. I will always love this bag. And I hope my children feel remorse for packing it up and sending it off to the Goodwill with all the other knitted chaff when I die. In my head, this baby is an heirloom. Plushy and soft, darn near perfect seaming, lined with love and hand-sewn hidden stitching; it's a vision of delicately tweeded acrylic perfection. Ahhh.....

youuuuuuuu...ooouu!

3 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. I'd go ahead and think of it as an heirloom instead of thrift store fodder.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like it, I saw it the other day when I was babysitting then on my most recent babysitting visit I looked for it on the desk and it wasn't there... I see it is because it was done. Anyway its really pretty.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I feel that way too--that Sun will be toting all of my hard work to Goodwill at my death! Ha! Maybe we need to add a provision in our wills forcing them to keep them!

Nice model you have, too!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home