Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh, No He Di'Ant!

Portrait of Good Husband

Oh, yes. Yes, he did. He modeled the very hat* I whipped up for my 16 year old niece, just so I could show it off to all you nice folks. Original plan was to pose for it myself, which would have been very appropriate at the time considering I was in my nightgown and had a mimosa in hand this particular Christmas Eve, but I was feeling too hurried and, well, this was too priceless an opportunity to pass up. So, everybody give him a hand for his nominating moment for the "Husband of the Year" award.

And, by the way, the sixteen year old niece of which I speak, loved her hat. How could she not, right? And my 12 year old niece went ga-ga for the authentic, vintage 1980's LP's that I pulled from the far corners of my closet. I guess this good news for The Culture Club. Oy!

* Most awesome hat pattern.....ever. Considering I made it on needles two sizes too big, it lost nothing in translation. I may have to make another for myself, in fact. Also, I added an extra casing on the inner rim to cover the elastic band that is very much needed to hold this baby on your head. I thought it just felt better that way and it neatened up the look some.




Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

What a great sport!

That hat is just too much!

2:55 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love that hat too. So glad you made one. It's on my list of future knit projects for sure.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home