Friday, December 08, 2006

A Drink Or Two

The shindig is over, the dresses hung up, and the art's gone home with it's respesctive owners. It was an interesting evening, to say the least. I showed up fashionably late and was immediately directed to the farthest corner of the bitterly cold parking lot; no V.I.P. ticket to flash. I unfotunately didn't get any photographs of the psychedelic cave that I first walked through once inside. It was lovely.

Found my fabulously dressed friends and got a tour of all our spacey knick-knacks scattered about. The "Jetsons", as we kept refering to them (the tall space bamboo looking ones), found a great looking home at the corners of the bar, next to the large lava lamps. My friends did a fine job of finishing up the "lunar garden" areas, that were spaced all throughout.

The whole event looked fantastic. The dancers, in their morphy, living art outfits, were just plain fun. There were five or so of them and while they couldn't see a thing with their heads covered in these costumes, they did a fab job just writhing about as space flowers.

I don't think I got a great pic of the hyperactive painter who took to stage to paint enormous portraits in record time; four in under an hour as I recall. It was a nice diversion as we munched down on the yummy "art-inspired" grub. Lot's of seafood and cream sauce. Ironic, considering the number of starving artists running around the place. It really was delicious though.

Of course, when you have no intention of bidding an a single piece of art, art auctions can be dreadfully boring, go figure. So I took that time to take a couple of photos and help my freinds make off with their unused decorations through the back door. On our way out, I was just tickled to run into a lady asking if it'd be OK to take some of the props home. She'd already claimed one of my loopy, slinky concoctions for herself and was going back for more. I am so proud!

Anyway, it was fun. It'd have more fun if my husband had been able to accompany me and the room was filled with people I actually knew. But it wasn't and he wasn't and I had fun still.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home