Monday, October 02, 2006

Sheer Abandonment

...Of the blog, I'm afraid. Pre-occupation with being pre-occupied is my only excuse too. I feel no regret about it, exactly, I just needed a break from it. If only for a moment. Here's a recap of all the semi blog-worthy things I could've posted about, but instead...did not. Ten-year wedding anniversary, one-year Katrina/Rita anniversaries, one-year blogging mark, cleaned the laundry room and fell off the edge of the earth. Nothing big. Sentimental stuff mostly.

So to make ammends to anybody out there who was waiting patiently for signs of life, I offer you proof of that I have also been suffering long hours of idlehanditis whilst away. Even have a doctor's excuse from housework for it. It's true. I swear.

Truthfully, the blue bird of happiness was completed about a year ago, but I did finally semi-block it, move it upstairs and attempted to find a frame for it. So it's something right?

Much repair work has been done on some ill-fated lettering attempts.

Still short two legs and bottom "plate" for the engine. It's christmas-y, right?

This is a failed first felting project gone right. Loved it once I crocheted the hemp handle to it. Still needs a closure and some embellishing, but it's a well-functioning knitting bag for now.

So this has been 'Recap, Part 1'. There are more U.F.O.s lurking in the corners of my home presently, but I have yet to capture them on the camera as of yet. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have done some really lovely work!I have seen pics of the giant puppet it kind of scared and amazed me,im not sure how i would react if i saw it coming towards me....id probably run:0

8:39 AM  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

That bluebird is great!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Hi msfortunknit...Having the same problem finding an email address to write back to you. The bluebird idea is not mine....I found it here (http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa011500.htm). So super simple to do too.:)
-Susan

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home