Friday, July 28, 2006

In Other News...

Didn't spend much time on "Proteus" today, because we applied our charmingly bland shade of grey to the walls. It works for me. The part about having to put all the crap back into our bedroom....well, that's the part that doesn't work for me so much. But I should be back on track with the painting...of the painting...tomorrow sometime.


In the meantime, here's a shot of our rescued butterfly. I harvested a bunch a basil out the garden and tried to salvage all the excess by plucking, rinsing, and storing the basil in plastic bags for a couple of days in the fridge. As we were plucking leaves, we found a hard, funny-looking chysalis on the table. So I propped it up in the leaves of my anthurium by the kitchen sink, not hoping for too much. As it turns out, he popped right out a couple of days later. Here he is still shaking the dew off. Once he was able to flop around a little, he was given a couple of life lectures on loose women and how not to become a nectarholic, leaving the wife and kids home to pupae alone. Before I left him alone to flop around the garden for bit longer, he promised he'd write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home