Monday, July 31, 2006

40 Carat Felt

I was clicking my way through a couple of craftblogs the other day and found myself revisiting the Pincushion Challenge flickr set. Later that night, unable to sleep as usual, I started having pincushion visions of my own and felt compelled to sketch them out. I decided that my simple-girl-self could use a little bling in her life. What better, then, than a gaudy 40-carat diamond pincushion ring.

Since I'm not a very experienced embroiderer, that I'd start with a simple square-faceted version first. I also decided to partially rely on Verybigjen's bottle-top pattern. That's the reason for the chunkiness in the middle, but it did give me a chance to add silly little filigree-type ornament. Don't think I'll use it for the next ring, though, too much bulk for this project. In the end, I feel like I shouda' made the diamond twice as large, despite the top-heaviness, to even out the massive proportions.

Anyway, here's to domestic goddess in all of us or to the little princess in your life who needs some serious ringage to marry her imaginary prince.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I friggin LOVE IT!!! Can you make me one?

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I friggin LOVE IT!!! Can you make me one?

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's me, erin, by the way

3:15 PM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Glad you guys liked it. Thanks!

And, for you, Anonymous E...anything. Lol!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic!

2:04 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

OMG I *LOVE* it!!!! Freakin' brilliant I tell you.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home