Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Miter retiM

If it hasn't been obvious to the few who visit, my brain has gone the way of the dishcloth. The miter dishcloth that is. The first revealed itself to be the perfect size for dish cleaning, but I wasn't thrilled with the thin stripes* of color as they appeared, according to the pattern. So I knit the second** with larger stripes of color and I had a happy happy joy joy moment. It now had so many geometric possibilities. Others before me have long since figured this out, but I unknowingly stumbled on this miter pattern and have subsequently become just as transfixed by it potential.



With this batch in the making, I'm planning a kitchen rug from all my imperfect squares. With every new flaw my brain subconsciously creates, I seem love them more for their experimental qualities in color combos and yarn mixes. As vivid bits of patterned design, they strike me as both mod and old fashion all at once. I love that too.

* See photo below this post.
** See *.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love these! What a great idea to turn them into a rug! Bee-you-ti-ful!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home