Saturday, November 12, 2005

I'll Get What I Can Make



My personal philosophy on spending money, "Being cheap is the mother of re-invention" and to be frank, I'm cheap. You have to be when have as many children as I do (more than 3, less than 10). I'm not totally a Wal-Mart kinda girl, instead I like to stroll the aisles of my local Target like I'm window shopping along the streets of Paris. Ohh...aahhh...lala. But there's only so much "Made in China", even if it's from the Tar-ge`t, that one should truly expect to pay full price for and still expect to pay the mortgage company. So, a few cut-up cracker boxes, some periwinkle craft paint and a little silver glitter later, I've managed to recreate my version of the lovely PEACE banner from Target; handmade for free. Ces't bon!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you've got some interesting photos up on your blog but I wondered if you knew that I can't (so others must have the same difficulty) read your text where it overlaps with your patterned background. This could be because you've designed the layout for a larger screen (not tested it on a smaller screen). I would love to be able to read your blog.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Uh-oh, that is bad, even worse I can't see the patterened background at all from here. I tried to take out what might have been the offenending bit of code. Sorry about that, still new at all this blogging stuff. If you would, let me know if there's any change. And thanks for the heads up.

8:25 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Very nice! Like seeing pictures of your workspace too.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home